Thursday, July 22, 2010

One week to go...

This morning began again with me waking early... after breakfast Cici (Adrianne) and I were off to the orphanage. It was raining, so walking took longer than usual.

Time has gone by fast so far. Today was an endless day of playing with the kids, helping them with their English lessons and writing, throwing them up in the air, taking photos of them, more playing, being a human jungle gym and then eventually ending the day with a kiss on the cheek from one of the toddlers!

Today the kids totally interacted with me. Yesterday, they seemed somewhat distant, but today- the far opposite. Once they knew I would pick them up, toss em in the air, carry them upside down they were sold!

I busted out the camera to grab some photos of them and they were such cheeses!

"Miss! Miss! Me!"


Eventually, the day with the kids was over and Cici (Adrianne) and myself walked to Thamel, which is where my trip began, where the office is and where the tourists usually go. We went to a restaurant called "Fire & Ice" - it's an Italian place and serves some pretty delicious pizza. We also had a Everest Beer (which is DELISH) and a banana Lassi. We then went shopping a little, and decided to take a cab back to our home. We had to haggle the cab driver to take us home at the price we wanted to pay... we wanted 100 rupees, but ended on 150 rupees.. whatever.. we just wanted to get home before dark.

So thats pretty much the day. I came home to some SUPER exciting news from home... so I have a week to look forward to that - yet in the meantime I'm still going to soak up as much Nepal as possible.
Tomorrow is Cici's 18th birthday... we're having a birthday lunch for her at the office, so the work day will be significantly short. Then I spoke with Kim this morning on my fancy Nepal cell phone (I dont think i know how to call home... but i can.. i has the power to) and she asked me to go to Pokhara, which is a 5 hour bus ride for 3 days. (Mon-Wednesday) to go teach English and Art in the village there.. I want to do something like that for sure... tomorrow I plan to speak with Bipin about it - to see if its do-able.. even 2 days will be sufficient, since I leave on Thursday... weeeeeeeeeeeeee

Okay... its 8:15am in California and 9:00Pm here in Nepal... I'm zonked.

huggles!

No comments:

Post a Comment