Friday, July 23, 2010

Yup

Its official.
I'm homesick.
Its not that I'm not having a fantastic time in Nepal , because I am - the people, the experiences, the culture... is amazing -- I just miss home.

Today was a half day at the Orphanage as it was Cici's birthday. We went to the orphanage, did about 2 hours there and headed over to the office for lunch and a mini-celebration.
Mallory (another volunteer, from Indiana) and Kim met up with us there. We had cake, sang a song and then thats pretty much it. (Cici & I ate lunch with the office peoples first)
Then Kim and I went shopping. I bought a few gifts, some things for myself and we waundered Thamel and a surrounding area. Tons and tons of shops, people, smells and noises. Apparently, Im not the best haggler! haha. Kim and I made plans for Sunday and then also tomorrow we are going on another city tour.
Its been non-stop since getting here and I find myself wiped out by 7pm (its 732... I'm staying awake only for dinner, even though I'm not the slightest bit hungry.)
I bought some better mosquito repellent so hopefully I won't be so tasty to them anymore - one can only hope.
Anyways, not much else to report... I am homesick and wish I was home... one more week... one more week!

2 comments:

  1. We miss you, too! But sooo glad you're having a wonderful time. Don't worry, you'll be back in no time. Good luck keeping those mosquitos away. ;-) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Krystal, I know that feeling, I really do. You'll be home sooner than you know but the experiences you are having I promise you, you will not soon forget. We all love and are so proud of you. You've never been far from my mind even though I have your niece and nephew tiring me out. I talk about you with them and let them know the awesome thing you are doing in Nepal. Try and savor everything . . . I love you, always.

    ReplyDelete