Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Ahem

So... this will probably be the last time that I am able to write - unless I get internet access tomorrow night in the Guesthouse- if so.. I will update about the awesomeness that is tomorrow. Otherwise, you will just have to wait until I get home safely for the recap- or IF you already know... consider yerself LUCKY! ;)

Today was the last day @ the orphanage. It was an extremely mellow day and the kids watched movies the entire time. The very last hour I did get to play with the kids which was rewarding.

After work, I took a taxi (it was pouring yet again) to Thamel and went to the office to fill out some paperwork for tomorrow and also to figure out the remaining 48 or less hours that I have here in Nepal.

Afterwards, I went to the one of the places, that I heard about the most. An AMAZING place, that if you ever come to Nepal, I suggest it.

The Garden of Dreams.


The garden is directly off the main road in Thamel and its like day and night. On one side, you have the dirtiness of the streets, the traffic, the honking.. everything. Then you walk through the gates, pay your 180 rupees and walk into a majestic place.
You would not expect so much beauty in the mist of such chaos.

The beautiful fountains, the rolling green grass, the koi pond, the beautiful pillars.. its so amazing and peaceful. You can still hear the honking from the street outside, but you don't notice it as much.
I put on my ear buds and listening to some music while slowly walking the paths, taking it all in, breathing th[e air (which actually seemed clean) and taking my time.

Within the garden is Kaiser Cafe. I sat down, had a glass of wine, some water and ordered dinner. (Chicken Florentine - FTW) I pulled out my book and read for an hour.
Two gentlemen asked if they could join me and since I had a medium sized table all to myself, I invited them. They were both from London and were extremely charming. They were just tourists and the same as me, on the final days of their trip. Eventually, after a few more glasses of wine and some wonderful conversation - we parted ways.

I eventually made my way home, and now I have to have all my stuff packed... good thing I'm really good at Tetris!

*Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sad for you that you're leaving, but know you must be excited to get home. Can't wait to see you!! Safe travels,
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm home! I'm home!

    I'm sitting on my couch... enjoying how comfy it is.

    ReplyDelete