Monday, July 26, 2010

Pedestrians

Okay, so to drive here.. you have to had skills. MAD SKILLS!
This morning on the way to the orphanage, it was your typical Monday traffic.. The worst I've seen on that route before. And its VERY apparent that pedestrians DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT have the right away as they do in California.
If you're in the way of the road, you can be hit. The drivers here are crazy. It seems like everyone is in a hurry to get somewhere, and they have no patience what-so-ever!

Today at the orphanage, it was somewhat relaxing. We played with the children from the time we got there until lunchtime, then we ate and ALL the children were taking naps. So from 2pm-4pm - we just basically hung out. At some point between 3 and 4pm the "infants" woke up, so I went to go and play with them, as I couldn't nap and didn't know what else to do.

We then walked to Thamel and to the office for Binita's birthday and to talk to Bipin about a last minute excursion that I plan to do on Wednesday, in which I have talked Cici and Mallory into doing and possibly one of the girls at the office, Tassi.

Its a secret, (kinda sorta) what we're doing, but it will be full of awesome!!!


There are some super cute photos that were taken today- but i have to wait to get home and connect a cord to the camera, since it was a memory card that I haven't used before... I'm hoping that those photos will not be lost forever.

Tomorrow is my last day at the orphanage... my how time flies... I'm excited to get home as I miss many of my every day things... the people, the small things, and yes... EVEN work!

Cheers for now-- I'm going to play on the rooftop in the rain!

1 comment:

  1. Hey krysy! I love you, keep having fun and come home safe. I can't wait to see all the pics you have taken =)

    ReplyDelete